Monday, October 31, 2011

Nutrition? YUCK!

Often declared a ridiculously healthy eater by my friends, eating healthy while pregnant poses a problem for me.  The foods I generally love no longer look appealing, and bread, cereal, pasta, and ice cream seem to be the perfect match, with fruit winning the award for the only healthy temptation.  My solution?  Make it drinkable, make it seem like a treat, make it incredibly tastey, and throw in all kinds of good stuff.  Here is how I maintain nutrition when I really want Blue Bell:

In a blender combine:
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup fresh spinach (you won't even taste it!)
1 T. ground flaxseed (you won't even taste it!)
8 ounces skim milk
1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder (I strongly prefer Defense Nutrition proteins)
Blend and wah-lah!  Super yummy milkshake... packed with protein, tons of vitamins, healthy oils, calcium, and fiber. It does a pregnant body good (or any body for that matter!).  Even my two and four-year old kids drink it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment